Office of Statistics and Information Act was proclaimed in 2009, it established the OSI as Alberta's statistical agency with the mandate to plan, promote, consolidate and develop key social and economic government data.
- Develop socio-demographic data and information about Alberta
- Map and provide geographic information related to socio-demographic and economic data
- Produce economic impact analysis
- Provide analytical support for government ministries working with socio-demographic data or on economic impact analysis
- Certify data and provide information about government socio-demographic and economic data sources, and when to use particular data sources
- Act as the Statistical Provincial Focal Point for Alberta in relationship to Statistics Canada
Page last updated: October 30, 2016