Welcome to the new Office of Statistics and Information (OSI) public website. The content which was on the former OSI public website, as well as links to information for Government of Alberta use, is now available through this site. See the left-side menu for links to this information. There is also additional content from the Demography unit, which is now part of the OSI.
Work is in progress on these sites, so please bear with us. If you encounter any issues or have questions, please contact us. Thank you for your patience and your interest in our websites.
General News and Updates:
- June 30, 2015 - A Profile of Interprovincial Employees in Alberta (InFocus section of June 2015 Economic Trends)
- June 17, 2015 - Alberta Quarterly Demographic Statistics (1st Quarter of 2015)
- June 16, 2015: Video - Telling Alberta's Story in Numbers: The Fundamental Principles of Official Statistics
- May 26, 2015 - Provincial Electoral Division Profiles - mail-out system added to allow subscribers to select multiple PED files to be emailed
Please note: Alberta Official Statistics are in the Open Data Portal, except where noted. There are no technical or legal restrictions for using the data.
- July 3, 2015 - Note: These information products are subject to licensing restrictions and are not considered Open Data. Please refer to the PDF for the Metadata Risk Considerations, and for the Data Source, who you may contact for more details:
- July 3, 2015:
- Average Two-Bedroom Rent, Alberta and Major Alberta Urban Centres
- Average Vacancy Rates, Alberta and Major Alberta Urban Centres
- Participation in Recreation and Sport, Alberta
- Physical Condition of Government Owned or Supported Facilities, Alberta
- June 29, 2015: High School Completion Rate of Students within 3 Years and within 5 Years of Entering Grade 10, Alberta
- June 26, 2015:
- June 25, 2015:
- Average Weekly Earnings (including overtime), Alberta
- Consumer Price Index, Year-Over-Year Percentage Change, Canada and Alberta
- Farm Cash Receipts, Farm Operating Expenses, Net Cash Income and Realized Net Income
- Food Manufacturing Industries, Sales and Employed Labour Force, Alberta
- International Agri-Food Exports, Alberta
- Major Crop Production, Alberta
- Real Gross Domestic Product per Hour Worked (Business Sector), Canada and Provinces
- Real Gross Domestic Product for Primary Agriculture Industries, Alberta and Canada
- June 24, 2015: Hospitalization Rates, Canada, Provinces and Territories (PDF); or download the data in CSV format
- Note: This information product is subject to licensing restrictions and is not considered Open Data. Please refer to the PDF for the Metadata Risk Considerations, and for the Data Source, who you may contact directly for more details.
- June 23, 2015: Infant Mortality Rates, Alberta and Alberta Health Services Continuum Zones
- June 19, 2015: Employment Insurance Beneficiaries Receiving Regular Benefits, Alberta
- June 10, 2015: Traffic Collision Casualties, Alberta
- June 4, 2015: Average Weekly Earnings (including overtime), Alberta
- June 2, 2015: Consumer Price Index, Year-Over-Year Percentage Change, Canada and Alberta
- Go to all Alberta Official Statistics
See the menu to your left for more information, or use the quick links below to access highlighted topics.
- Population Estimate
- Census Population Counts
- Consumer Price Index
- Unemployment Rate
- Real Gross Domestic Product
Apr 1, 2015
(Jan 1, 2015 to Mar 31, 2015)
(released February 2012)
(2006 - 2011)
Source: Statistics Canada, 2011 Census.
|(Unadjusted 2002=100)||% Change|
(Apr 2015 to May 2015)
(May 2014 to May 2015)
|(Adjusted)||As of |
(chained 2007 dollars, millions)