Alberta Superintendent of Financial Institutions
The Alberta Superintendent of Financial Institutions is responsible for the following duties as they relate to financial institutions:
- Assisting financial services consumers by providing information on
- financial services in Alberta; and
- resolving complaints or concerns toward a fair resolution;
- Minimizing the risk of loss to deposit holders and consumers of
trust products in Alberta;
- Assisting financial services providers with information on
- registry services including incorporation, registration and filing requirements;
- complying with legislation; and
- Promoting a level, fair and competitive environment for financial institutions in Alberta.
See the left-side menu above for more information, or use the quick links below to access highlighted topics.
June 5, 2018 - List updated
December 21, 2017 - Forms updated
December 5, 2017 - List updated
December 4, 2017 - Credit Union Bulletin
- Credit Union Bulletin #28 - 2017 Annual Filings (due January 2018)
July 4, 2017 - New mailing address for Financial Institutions
- See our updated Contact Information page.
May 25, 2017 - updated Credit Union Act