Alberta Superintendent of Financial Institutions
The Alberta Superintendent of Financial Institutions is responsible for the following duties as they relate to financial institutions:
- Assisting financial services consumers by providing information on
- financial services in Alberta; and
- resolving complaints or concerns toward a fair resolution;
- Minimizing the risk of loss to deposit holders and consumers of
trust products in Alberta;
- Assisting financial services providers with information on
- registry services including incorporation, registration and filing requirements;
- complying with legislation; and
- Promoting a level, fair and competitive environment for financial institutions in Alberta.
See the left-side menu above for more information, or use the quick links below to access highlighted topics.
July 4, 2017 - New mailing address for Financial Institutions
- See our updated Contact Information page.
June 7, 2017 - List updated
May 25, 2017 - updated Credit Union Act
- Bill 32, the Credit Union Amendment Act, to expand services credit unions can offer and to enhance governance, received Royal Assent on December 14, 2016. Click here for the updated Credit Union Act (Queen's Printer website). Read the news release about this legislation (November 23, 2016).
May 9, 2017 - List updated
December 5, 2016 - Credit Union Bulletin
- Credit Union Bulletin #27 - 2016 Annual Filings (due January 2017)