Treasury Board and Finance - Our Business
Treasury Board and Finance is responsible for economic analysis, budget planning and providing a coordinated and disciplined approach to the management of government spending.
- budget development and reporting;
- economics and fiscal policy (including Office of Statistics and Information);
- treasury management (e.g. investor relations and banking and payment security);
- government accounting standards, financial management policies, performance planning and reporting;
- tax policy and tax and revenue administration; and
- financial sector regulation and policy (regulating insurance, pensions, financial institutions and Alberta’s capital market).
The following topics are available from Treasury Board and Finance:
- Treasury Board and Finance Newsroom
- Alberta Budget
- Alberta Economy Analysis and Forecasting
- Alberta Heritage Savings Trust Fund
- Banking and Payment Security
- Directory of Personal Information Banks (PIBs): see overview and Treasury Board and Finance PIBs
- Financial Institutions Information for Albertans
- Forms by Category
- Insurance Information for Albertans
- Investor Relations
- Legislation and Regulations
- See the Alberta Queen's Printer website (search by Department and select Treasury Board and Finance)
- Office of Statistics and Information
- Pensions Information for Albertans
- Reporting and Disclosures:
- Subscription Service
- Taxes in Alberta - Overview
The Public Service Commission reports to our Minister and leads the development of policies and programs that ensure Alberta has a professional, non-partisan, diverse and inclusive public service that proudly serves Albertans. This is achieved by providing expert advice, strategic leadership and stewardship as well as developing and delivering innovative supports and services to Alberta Public Service employees.
Communications and Public Engagement (CPE) is the Government of Alberta's full-service communications, public relations and marketing department. Its mandate is to enhance communications between Albertans and the government.
The Public Agency Secretariat (PAS) is the Government of Alberta's centrally-located resource on public agencies. The PAS reports to our Minister, and collaborates with departments and public agencies to promote a consistent approach to public agency governance, recruitment and compensation. See the links below for:
- current board opportunities; and
- information and resources related to all Government of Alberta public agencies.
Alberta Treasury Board and Finance fulfills some of its key responsibilities with the help of numerous provincial agencies, boards, commissions and provincial corporations. The agencies as defined by the Alberta Public Agencies Governance Act which are accountable to the President of Treasury Board, Minister of Finance are available on the Government of Alberta website:
- List of Public Agencies (select Treasury Board and Finance in the dropdown menu on this page)
- Public Sector Body Compensation Disclosure
Joe Ceci is the President of Treasury Board and Minister of Finance. Joe was elected as the Member of the Legislative Assembly for Calgary-Fort on May 5, 2015. He was appointed to serve as President of the Treasury Board and Minister of Finance on May 24, 2015.