Information for Consumers
The following information is available in this section and is also available from the left-side menu.
- The Automobile Insurance page includes Automobile Insurance Policies, Certificates and Application Forms; Endorsements; information on Automobile Insurance Complaints; and Automobile Accident Benefit Claim and Prescribed Forms.
- Useful tips and information, and a Summary and Collision Worksheet form you can print and keep in your glove compartment.
- Lists of Insurers, Reciprocal Insurance Exchanges, and Fraternal Societies licensed in Alberta, and no longer licensed in Alberta, including Complaint Liaison Officers. See also: Financial Data for Alberta Incorporated Insurance Companies.
- See these pages for information on Insurance Claim or Policy Complaints (including the Dispute Resolution Process); Insurance Conduct Complaints; and Insurance Industry Information.
- See the Floods and Insurance page for tips on what to do before and after a flood, overland flooding, vehicle damage, claims, resources from the Insurance Bureau of Canada, the Disaster Recovery Program and more.
- See the Property Insurance page for 5 things homeowners should know, and other related links.
Transportation Network Companies providing Ride-for-Hire Services - Insurance Information for Albertans
- Know the risks before participating in ride-for-hire services.
- See the Wildfires and Insurance page for information for Albertans impacted by wildfires.
- Report on Insurance
Coverages for the Alberta Voluntary Sector (06/14/07)
(See also: Non-Profit Sector Insurance Toolkit (Alberta Justice and Attorney General, 2006)
Page last updated: May 10, 2018