International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) - Overview
IFTA Fuel Tax Rate Chart for 1st Quarter of 2017 - posted March 16, 2017:
The International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) is an agreement among American and Canadian jurisdictions that enables uniform collection and distribution of fuel taxes paid by motor carriers traveling in several jurisdictions. IFTA membership is voluntary and allows the carrier to significantly reduce the paperwork and compliance burden for fuel tax reporting.
For more information, please visit the International Fuel Tax Association, Inc. site.
Posted October 4, 2013
Tax and Revenue Administration (TRA) no longer collects, stores or transmits credit card information when received by paper, fax, email or telephone. TRA will return any documents containing credit card information.
Using your credit card through your TRACS account
- TRA will accept credit card payments for renewal fees, decal fees and temporary permits and payment of outstanding balances, that are delaying renewal processing, during the renewal period, only:
- online through TRACS, or
- when presented in our office in person by the credit card holder.
- MasterCard, VISA and AMEX credit cards are accepted.
- If the account representative was added to the account prior to October 5, 2013, this person will not be able to make a credit card payment until an account owner delegates the function “Make a Credit Card Payment”. Click on the “Help” button on your IFTA TRACS homepage for instructions on how to modify the privileges of an account representative.
Selecting “Fees” when making an electronic payment through your financial institution
- A change has also been made to Electronic Payment (online payment through financial institutions). When making an electronic payment, choose “Fees” for additional decals, temporary permits and/or renewal fees, or “Period End” for a quarterly return payment.