TRACS Privacy Statement
The TRACS site does not automatically gather any personal information from you. Information such as name, e-mail address, organization and telephone number are only obtained when you provide them to us voluntarily by submitting the electronic form for initial enrolment or by updating your personal profile information on the site.
Any personal information that we ask you to provide us is collected in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. We collect only what is necessary for the operation of the website and to respond to your needs. Our use and disclosure of your personal information is limited by the privacy protection provisions of the FOIP Act.
When you visit this website, the web server automatically collects a limited amount of information essential for the operation and security of the site and other sites that reside on the server. Some of this information (e.g., browser type) does not identify who you are. Other information, such as your Internet domain name or IP address, may identify you depending on the naming standards followed by your Internet service provider. You may wish to ask them about their policies and practices in this regard.
WARNING: If you change your browser settings to not accept cookies, you will not be able to access the TRACS website.
Notice: security update that may affect your ability to access TRACS:
- Effective November 5, 2016, Treasury Board and Finance (TBF) no longer allows Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.0 or TLS 1.1 encryption protocol. We are doing this to protect the privacy of information passing between your web browser and our servers. If your web browser does not meet our security requirement, please upgrade your browser to a version that supports TLS 1.2 in order to continue to access TBF’s online services.
General security information:
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all eligible users, the TRACS website uses software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- No attempts are made to identify individual users except for the following situations: 1) authorized law enforcement investigations, 2) tracking of last logon date/time for each user so that the information can be displayed back to the same user for verification to prevent unauthorized use of User ID, or 3) logging of any online updates applied by the user or any online data submitted by the user.
- To ensure maximum security, clients are instructed to log out of the TRACS application and close their browser when the session is complete. This will disconnect you from the site and not allow someone else to access your TRACS information.
This site contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of other sites you may visit after you enter this site.
There are additional steps you can take to protect your personal and business information that includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Don’t save your password on your computer.
- Don’t reuse your password.
- Install and keep up to date antivirus software on your computer.
- Install and keep up to date personal firewall software on your computer.
- Install and keep up to date a recognized anti-spyware program on your computer.
- Regularly apply updates from software manufacturers.
- Erase the cache memory of your browser (instructions found in your browser documentation).
- Don’t remain connected to the Internet longer than necessary.
- Never send personal identification numbers or other personal confidential information such as your password, account number or login information over the Internet in response to unsolicited requests that you receive.
Tax and Revenue Administration will never ask you to provide this information via e-mail / e-mailed links. This is to protect you from “phishing” (also called "brand spoofing") e-mails that send you to websites pretending to be legitimate companies that ask for your personal and financial information.