Budget 2018 - Media Registration
President of Treasury Board and Minister of Finance Joe Ceci will table Budget 2018 in the Alberta legislature on Thursday, March 22, 2018 at approximately 3:15 p.m.
Media embargo and registration
On Thursday, March 22, 2018, a media embargo will begin at 8 a.m. and will be in effect until the Finance Minister begins the budget address at approximately 3:15 p.m. Access to embargoed budget materials and entry to embargoed events (e.g. news conference) at the Alberta legislature and McDougall Centre will be restricted to media registered through Alberta Treasury Board and Finance Communications, using the form below.
All media wanting to participate in the budget embargo will be required to abide by the rules and conditions of the embargo for Budget 2018. Registration closes at 4:30 p.m. (Mountain Daylight Time) on Monday, March 19, 2018.
For more information on the registration process, contact Communications officials at 780-427-5364. For toll free service within Alberta: dial 310-0000, then the number.
Budget day pass pick-up
- Media representatives are required to check in and sign an embargo acceptance form in person at the media table in the Lower Rotunda at the Alberta legislature in Edmonton or the Pekisko Room at McDougall Centre in Calgary. Check in begins at 8 a.m. on March 22.
- Once the embargo form is signed, media representatives will receive an embargoed media package and will not be allowed outside the designated embargoed area or the building until the embargo is lifted.
- Embargoed media representatives will be allowed access to the technical briefing and embargoed news conference—in person at the Alberta legislature or through a direct phone connection at McDougall Centre. Standard teleconference options will not be provided.
- Priority will be given to registered members of the media on budget day. Media who have not completed the online registration form below before 4:30 p.m. on March 19 may experience delays in receiving budget materials.
- Please note: after you click Submit, a confirmation message with the registered names will appear below.