Taxes and Rebates
We are in the process of moving our web content to the main Government of Alberta website, Alberta.ca. The following pages have now been moved and you may wish to update your bookmarks:
- Alberta taxes and levies overview
A summary of Alberta taxes, levies and related programs and links to publications, forms and resources.
- Alberta's tax advantage
Alberta continues to have an overall tax advantage compared to other provinces, with no sales tax, no payroll tax and no health premium.
- Personal income tax overview and tax credits/rebates
Alberta's tax system supports low- and middle-income households while promoting opportunity and investment. This content includes the Alberta personal income tax calculator.
The following programs are administered by Tax and Revenue Administration (TRA), a division of Alberta Treasury Board and Finance. See the TRA website for publications, forms and other resources or click on the program links below:
- Making payments to Tax and Revenue Administration
- Subscribe to receive email updates from TRA
- Alberta Indian Tax Exemption
- Carbon levy contact information
- For consumer information, and to estimate your carbon levy costs and rebate entitlement, see carbon levy and rebates.
- For information for businesses remitting the levy, see carbon levy publications and forms and the complete carbon levy rates table, available from Alberta Tax and Revenue Administration.
- Corporate income tax
- Emergency 911 levy
- Fuel tax
- Health cost recovery
- Insurance premiums tax
- International Fuel Tax Agreement
- Lloydminster Competitive Adjustment Grant
- Tobacco tax
- Tourism levy
- Unclaimed property
Administrative questions about making payments to TRA, corporate income tax, carbon levy, insurance premiums tax, fuel tax, tobacco tax, tourism levy, Emergency 911 Levy, International Fuel Tax Agreement, Alberta Indian Tax Exemption program, Lloydminster Competitive Adjustment Grant and Health Cost Recovery program: