Private Sector Pensions - Interest Rate Tables
Interest Rates and Prescribed Amounts
(Updated January 1, 2018)
Below is a document with up-to-date tables of CANSIM rates related to:
- current LIF factors (Table A);
- YMPE limits for commutation of small pensions, eligibility of part-time employees, and forced transfers (Table B); and
- interest rates for defined benefit plans (Table C).
Click here for the Interest Rate Tables document, which is in pdf format and will open in a new window. It contains:
- Table A: Life Income Fund (LIF) Interest Rate and Withdrawal Calculations
- Table B: Employment Pension Plans Act and Regulation - Prescribed Amounts
Prescribed Amounts (on or after January 1, 2015)
- Table C: Interest Rates Applied to Employee Contributions of DEFINED BENEFIT Pension Plans, as per section 73(2) of the Alberta Employment Pension Plans Regulation
For further information on any of these tables, please contact us.