TRA - New Announcements, Publications & Forms
TRA Announcements and New or Updated Publications and Forms (All Programs, by date released)
Please note that changes are made to our publications from time to time. Revisions are not mailed if they are considered minor. This site has the most up-to-date versions of our publications and forms. Items are removed from this list after 6 months. If you would like to view announcements by specific program, see TRA Program Information.
Note: See all news from TRA below.
Potential Canada Post mail disruption (notice posted September 18, 2018)
As you may be aware, Canada Post and the Canadian Union of Postal Workers are in negotiations on a new contract.
Payment of Levies, Corporate or Commodity Taxes or Penalties
If a mail disruption occurs, it continues to be your responsibility to ensure all filing and payment requirements under the applicable legislation are met within the legislated timeframes.
You will be liable for all applicable penalties and interest if documents are not received on time by Tax and Revenue Administration (TRA), even those that are late as a result of the disruption.
We encourage you to pay online through your financial institution.
Mail Delivery of Rebate, Refund, or Grant Cheques
If a mail disruption occurs, initially TRA will suspend mail delivery and hold rebate or refund or grant cheque(s) and notices, unless you sign up for direct deposit (where applicable).
If the mail service interruption lasts for an extended period (multiple days):
- TRA will work with Service Alberta to establish additional locations for mail delivery to and from TRA, and for pick up of Remittance Advice forms at various locations throughout the province;
- endeavour to inform you when notices show amounts owing; and
- provide a means for requesting payments of refunds and rebates.
September 18, 2018 - TRACS Annnouncement
- The Government of Alberta is changing the way it provides secure online access to TRACS, effective November 19, 2018. More information.
September 14, 2018 - IFTA Fuel Tax Rate Chart updated
September 5, 2018: IFTA Registration Form updated
August 22, 2018: New Corporate Tax Video added
July 11, 2018 - Corporate Tax Special Notice added
June 20, 2018 - Carbon Levy form updated
June 19, 2018 - New International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) Top 10 Tips added
June 18, 2018 - Corporate Tax Information Circular Updated
June 12, 2018 - IFTA Fuel Tax Rate Chart updated
May 17, 2018 - New Fuel Tax Special Notice added
May 17, 2018 - New Carbon Levy FAQ added (Direct Remitter Category)
April 23, 2018 - New Carbon Levy FAQ added (Other Category)
April 23, 2018 - Tobacco Tax Information Circular updated
April 6, 2018 - Updated Corporate Tax Form
April 4, 2018: New Tourism Levy Video
March 29, 2018 - Updated/new Corporate Tax Forms
- AT1 Schedule 3 (Form AT3) - Alberta Other Tax Deductions and Credits
- AT1 Schedule 14 (Form AT14) - Alberta Cumulative
Eligible Capital Deduction
- Schedule 14 Supplemental Worksheet (Form AT14S) (new) - to be used for tax years that start before January 1, 2017
March 20, 2018 - Tourism Levy Information Circular updated
March 19, 2018 - TRACS update
March 14, 2018 - Fuel Tax Information Circular updated
March 6, 2018 - Fuel Tax Special Notice added
March 2, 2018: Tobacco Tax - List of Registered / Approved Entities updated
February 8, 2018 - Carbon Levy Remitter Return Instruction Guides updated
- Carbon Levy Remitter Return Instruction Guides have been updated - see Carbon Levy Announcements for new information from Tax and Revenue Administration.
February 6, 2018 - Lloydminster Competitive Adjustment Grant form added
- AT5410 - Lloydminster Competitive Adjustment Grant Claim (effective January 1, 2018)
January 25, 2018: Tobacco Tax - List of Registered / Approved Entities updated
January 11, 2018 - Tourism Levy publication added
January 1, 2018 - 2018 Carbon Levy Online Inventory Declaration Form added